UrbanClap is an on-demand service marketplace that has gained popularity all over the world. The key to their success was that they made their services available at their customers’ doorstep. People can search for the services they want and the local vendors can provide all kinds of household services as per the customers’ convenience. Many different platforms like UrbanClap, helpr, TaskRabbit, helpbit and bro4u are providing local services like plumber, wedding planner, event manager, house cleaning, beauty solutions and much more.
Marketplaces like UrbanClap helps in connecting consumers, startups and small businesses. Services are listed according to locations and budgets. It is the best way for any startup to reach consumers of their services. App developers in India can help you out with their skills to turn your app idea into a reality. Statistics state that the requirement of on-demand service is only going to increase as time goes by. Through this article, we will dive into the minute features, requirements and the strategy you need to work on to make your app idea into a reality.
The business model for UrbanClap like on-demand service app
Applications like UrbanClap are meant to provide professional services of household tasks like electricians, photographers, interior designers, wedding planner and many more. The app uses algorithms to find the best match for your requirements. Your business model should differ from other exiting apps depending upon the purpose, pricing, location and technology.
- Research the market and make a proper concept for your application. You need to know what kind of services are in demand in your area and provide the kind of services that can be profitable for your business. For this, you need to go through your competitors’ reviews and try to provide services that are desired by people in your area.
- Turn your ideas into reality by shaping them into something feasible. You need to divide your ideas into three categories and put them under the label of must-have, would-like and add-ons. Start implementing from the must-have section and go towards add-ons later.
- Now as you have thought of the sequence you need to make them visual on the app. For this, study the already existing apps and write down the pros and cons list. You can later use this list as the dos and don’ts. It actually helps in making your app more user-friendly and useful.
- Next, you need to decide how much you would charge the consumers and the service providers. The amount would vary according to the type of service provided, the demand for that service, the budget of the consumer and location in which service is provided. You may add various options for payment like online wallets, debit or credit cards, etc.
- You need to plan a refund policy too as there may be conflicts between the consumer and the service providers. Thus, you can make sure that you provide the right support to your customers and service providers. It will help build trust among them and make sure that you do not lose your loyal customers.
- To turn your app into a reality, you would need to take the support of a developing team that can make an application for you. They can help you manage and produce a product that you want to have. You can choose from various app top app development companies in India online or you can use your own engineering team if you have hired them for your business purposes. It would be recommended not to hire an engineering team only for the development of an app.
You would need to make 3 apps for your on-demand service and you can take the help of app developers in India. You need to create separate apps for users, local vendors and admin.
User: The app for users should be user-friendly. Any user should be able to search for the services they want and they should be able to send service requests to vendors. You can add advanced features in your app to lure customers later.
Features for User app:
- Simple registration
- Login with social media
- User-friendly interface UI / UX
- Security for user data
- Multiple payment options
- Service feedback and review system
- Track record of work and payment history.
- In-app chat with local vendors.
Local vendors: The app for local vendors should allow them to reply to the customers to provide the services and make them able to track the location of a customer through GPS so that they can reach them easily.
Features for the Vendors app:
- endor registration with the minimum required information.
- Setting up service times and availability.
- In-app chat with customers.
- Reply to customers’ reviews and feedback.
- Track of work and payment history.
- GPS location tracking to reach customers.
Admin: An admin app should be a powerful dashboard that should be able to control all the engagements and sort out conflicts between the customers and the service providers.
Features for the Admin Panel:
- Full control for the admin
- Backup and Restore facility
- Set ads and promotions
- Sales analysis
- Price and subscription plan management
- Advanced CMS (content management system) and CRM (customer relationship management) system
- Support staff panel to help customers and vendors with support over conflicts.
Modern lifestyle has made time precious and an app like UrbanClap can help manage time for those who could not get a lot after long working hours. Getting services right at the doorstep can help save time and energy and is beneficial for both consumers and vendors. Moreover, people are shifting towards online means to search for the services and products they want. So, it is high time to establish a business with an ever-growing opportunity. You can take the help of the top app development companies in India to turn your app idea into reality. They offer you amazing services at reasonable prices. Also, it is advisable to hire a development company as they have the right talent to make it happen at the earliest.